Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some Of My Favorite Magical Blogs

There are many Disney related blogs on the web today, authored by both official Disney employees and avid Disney fans alike.  Reading Disney blogs is a favorite past time for me but there are some blogs that stick out on top that are must reads for any Disney fan or anyone hoping to get their foot in the door at the Disney company.

#1. Disney Parks Blog - The official blog for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and Disney Cruise Line

This website is, as the title says, authored by official Disney employees.  The Disney Parks Blog often provides first looks into things such as the new Disney Cruise Line ship, the Disney Dream, or many other upcoming events at the Disney parks.  If you are an avid fan of Disney and want the official word from Disney itself, make sure to frequent this blog.

#2. DIS Unplugged Disney Blog - An Unofficial and Unbiased Blog about Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line

This unofficial but magical blog is authored in a collaboration by several Disney fans.  Their blog covers much of the most recent news about the Disney company and other goings on when it happens.  The blog not only discusses what is happening in the Disney universe but also links to their website which contains much more news.  This is another definite site to visit when you get the opportunity.

#3. Deb's Digest

Deb's Digest is yet another magical blog to read.  It provides several pictures accompanying the posts as well as much information about the parks and stuff happening.  It is just one blog out of several that the site AllEars has.  Each one provides useful information that could be used when preparing your trip to Disney.

Besides the blogs, you should visit the actual AllEars site if you are new to Disney fandom.  It provides a lot of information from rides in the parks to what the menus are for all the restaurants on property.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be heading down to the Disney C.P. this January until May. The blogs are good for getting to know what I'm stepping in to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be in Merchandise when I get down there. I'm wanting to take either the courses or the exploration series for Corporate Communication and Organizational Leadership. I'm also hoping that this while help me get in to their professional internships, assuming I like the Disney approach. Any pointers or tips for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid I do not know much about merchandise, outside of knowing how busy it gets in the stores. But that could be expected from any store in the world. As far as your specific fields you are looking into, I can't say I know much about them. I assume you've already viewed these pages that talk about each:

    http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/dlr/pdf/majors/Human_Resources.pdf

    http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/disneycollegeprogram/dlr/pdf/majors/Communications.pdf

    Those may provide some helpful information. I didn't take any classes in the exploration series nor any classes at all while on the program. I wish I had now, though. I became much too busy. However, others I know did them and enjoyed them. I think if you gave them a chance, you'll enjoy them too.

    As far as professional internships, you'll have to wait until the end of your program to apply to one, I believe. My roommate started out in QSFB and slowly worked his way up to an office type job in Epcot for a restaurant there. After the program he got involved in a professional internship for QSFB management. So definitely try to enroll in one if you enjoy the way Disney teaches in their classes.

    The communication class should be especially interesting, I think. The Disney company is a big tree and constant communication must be made from the roots to the tip of the highest branch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And some other tips:

    http://whitesell-w315.blogspot.com/2010/10/helpful-tips.html

    ReplyDelete